Attending a public service
We look forward to welcoming you to our public service of Holy Communion this Sunday. There are changes that you need to be aware of before coming to the service. The current guidelines from the C of E is that face coverings must be worn when inside our churches, only removing it to take the bread during Holy Communion. Readers, preachers or those leading prayer do not always need to wear a face covering, although one should be worn especially if physical distancing cannot be maintained. Please bring your own face covering to wear.
Government guidance advises those who are clinically vulnerable or over 70, to stay at home as much as possible to minimise contact with others outside their household. The PCC has taken measures to ensure attendees are safe along the “Covid safe” guidelines. However, if you are in a vulnerable group please think carefully about your personal risk and by attending you confirm you have accepted personal responsibility for such risk.
- Only those pre-booked can attend a service, due to limited numbers. A record of your attendance will be kept for 21 days.
- Please do not attend if you have had any coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days or are self-isolating.
- We will comply with NHS Test and Trace.
- Please wear a face covering when inside our churches. Use hand rub before and after touching your face covering.
- Arriving at the service; please maintain 2m distance from others, as you wait for the sidesman to direct you into church to use the hand sanitiser.
- Households will be seated together.
- Individuals will be seated separately.
- The service sheet will be emailed to you, please print off and bring with you or download and view on your device.
- There will be no singing during the service.
- There will be no peace through physical contact.
- Receiving Holy Communion; each communicant should sanitise their hands before standing in front of the altar rail to receive bread only.In silence the rector will drop a wafer into your hand. Please then return to your seat.
- As you leave church please use the hand sanitiser.
- On leaving church please do not congregate and maintain a social distance of 2m at all times.
- If you have any feedback please contact Beccy.
Our Churches are open for private prayer between 10am and 2pm on the following days:
Wednesdays – St Mary’s, Easton
Fridays – St John’s, Itchen Abbas
Sundays – St Swithun’s, Martyr Worthy
We hope you find comfort and peace in our Churches. Whatever, or whoever is on your mind, be still before God, who cares for you and those you love.
Please follow these simple guidelines when visiting Church for private prayer:
- Please do not enter if you or a member of your household has Covid-19 symptoms or is self-isolating.
- Please wear a mask.
- Please sanitise your hands on entry to the church and when you leave.
- Please remain 2 metres away from any other person.
- Please follow seating instructions.
- Please avoid touching anything except the chair you are using.
- Please do not enter the chancel area of the church.
If you require any further information please contact the Churchwardens or Beccy – 01962 779845 email@example.com
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.