The Trust comprises a group of villages in the Winchester area which subscribed to a fund to provide assistance to those in need where help is not available from public funds.
Help is available to people who live in the Itchen Valley, but in exceptional circumstances, may also be available to those who live immediately outside.
The types of help the Winchester Villages Trust can give are as follows:
- One-off payments towards utility bills and rent.
- Grants of money to relieve sudden distress, sickness or infirmity.
- Gifts in kind to help those in need, such as furniture, bedding, clothing, food, fuel, heating and cooking appliances.
- Payment of transport costs for people entering hospital or residential homes or for relatives visiting such persons.
- The provision of tools, books, fees for examinations or tuition or travelling expenses to help people to obtain employment.
- Help for children and young people to take part in extra-curricular activities where parents cannot afford such costs.
- Contributing towards lunch clubs.
- Food vouchers for those in need at Christmas and generally throughout the year.
The above is not an exhaustive list and we are willing to consider most requests. However, we are unable to provide loans or to help businesses or other groups.
Please make application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org